Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Asthma

Hi everyone! I have asthma. I have had it since I was 9. So really about 25yrs or so. I have been through so many meds in that time. I am currently on advair 500/50, Flonase, spiriva, I have albuterol for the nebulizer for when I am in trouble and I have a rescue inhaler. I just got off a round of prednisone. I had not had troubles for sometime, but this year has been a tough one. I have so many triggers, some of them being preservatives, like what they put on lettuce to keep it from browning. I have been able to prevent many household triggers the outside is different however!

When I was younger my mom and dad used to hand me a can of coke to drink during an attack, and as far as I remember it helped, and for me the cold air works sometimes. I remember being wrapped in a blanket and sitting outside in the cool weather with that pop and waiting to feel better. I have to admit these days as a busy mom and wife, I just never try them anymore. Whatever you do, never use a steam treatment!!

Asthma is very serious and is rising among children. It is due to so many things, but one of the things is the chemicals in our lives. We use them in our house we put them on our veggies. It is very important that we take care of our families and do what we can to make a change in our lives. I have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment